CONSTRUCTION + SAFETY
This unique training combines the CORE Curricula from the National Center of Construction Education and Research (NCCER) with a hands-on project deliverable and an OSHA-approved 10-hour safety training.
This course is perfect for someone interested in the construction industry or working in chemical plants. Available jobs are General Labor, Apprentice, Framing, Drywall Finisher, Drywall Installer, Painters, Roofers, Electricians, Pipefitters, Brick masons, etc.
This training might prepare you to advance into future positions such as Superintendent, Construction Foreman, Carpenter, Equipment Operator, Project Manager or more.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will earn an OSHA 10 credential, which is a nationally accredited credential on construction + safety widely accepted and required by construction + safety employers.
This course is two (2) weeks long as follows:
- Job Readiness Training: 1 week, M-F 9am-12pm, virtual/online
- NCCER CORE Construction: 2 weeks, M-F 9am-4pm
- hand and power tools
- construction math
- materials handling
- construction drawings
- employability skills
Requirements / Eligibility
- Have a computer or tablet with microphone and camera access (to take the virtual element of the classes)
- Have access to reliable internet connection
- Authorized to work
- Possess basic computer skills
All members will be screened for eligibility prior to taking the class.
- Must be a resident of the City of Houston
- Must be 18 or older
- No sex offenses on criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Low-to-middle income (must show proof of income documentation)
- Self-certification may be required for unemployed applicants
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?