This hands-on training covers essential skills and competencies required for an individual to embark upon a sustainable career in the electrical field. The electrical industry is in higher demand now more than ever.
The ideal Electrician Level 1 participant excels in problem-solving and critical thinking and desires to work with your hands. Electricians at this certification level inspect, repair, install and maintain electrical systems, machinery, and equipment while ensuring all work performed meets required safety codes and is properly inspected. The specialized curriculum allows graduates to secure a position as an Electrician Level 1 with a comfortable salary range between $40,000-$50,000 annually depending on experience and location.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will earn their industry-recognized, NCCER Electrician Level 1 Credential as well as their NCCER Core Construction certification (Curricula from the National Center of Construction Education and Research.)
You can also earn an OSHA 10 credential, which is a nationally accredited credential on construction safety widely accepted and required by Construction employers.
This course is six (6) weeks long as follows:
- Job Readiness Training: 1 week, M-F 9am-12pm, virtual/online
- NCCER CORE Construction: 2 weeks, M-F 9am-4pm, hybrid class (some online, some in-person)
- NCCER Electrical Level 1: 3 weeks, M-F 9am-4pm, hybrid class (some online, some in-person)
- Occupational overview of the electrical industry
- Safety for electricians
- Electrical circuits
- Electrical theory
- Basic Electrical Construction Documents
- Residential Wiring
- The National Electrical Code
- Device boxes
- Hand bending
- Wireways, raceways, and fittings
- Conductors and cables
- Electrical test equipment
Requirements / Eligibility
- Have a computer or tablet with microphone and camera access (to take the virtual element of the classes)
- Have access to reliable internet connection
- Authorized to work
- Possess basic computer skills
All members will be screened for eligibility prior to taking the class.
- Must be a resident of the City of Houston
- Must be 18 or older
- No sex offenses on criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Low-to-middle income (must show proof of income documentation)
- Self-certification may be required for unemployed applicants
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?