This course is perfect for someone interested in the banking industry. Expected conditions to work are in financial centers assisting bank clients. The expected salary may range between $15/hr to $22/hr, depending on experience and skills. This class prepares individuals for positions including bank teller, personal banker, and customer service representatives.
Banks also participate in mock interviews in preparation for the job fair! At the end of the program, we have graduation with participation from our bank sponsors, to help you on your way in your new career path.
At graduation, students will meet with employers ready to hire! Our prestigious bank training partners include: Bank of America, Frost Bank, Wells Fargo, Capital One Bank, and others.
This is the first step for a great career in the banking field that can take you to positions such as Financial Center Manager, Broker, Commercial Loan Manager, or lots of possibilities in Corporate Banking.
Learn the critical skills needed to succeed in a banking career, including:
- Personal Finances
- Customer Service & Customer Needs
- Cash and Checking Fundamentals
- Currency & Compliance
- Job Readiness
Requirements / Eligibility
In order to be successful in this class, members must:
- Have access to computer or tablet with microphone & camera
- Must have access to reliable internet connection
- Proficiently read, write, and speak English (bilingual a plus!)
- Experience in cash handling, customer service, or sales
- Must be able to pass brief computer skills test
- Applicants must participate in an interview in English 1-2 weeks prior to class start date
All members will be screened for eligibility prior to taking the class.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be authorized to work
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess basic computer skills, including typing at least 25 words-per-minute
- Be able to pass a drug test
- Have a clean criminal background (no felonies, no sex offenses)
Esvin enrolled in our Banking training and shortly after graduation, secured employment at Bank of America! Read in his own words how SERJobs helped him start on the path to realizing his dream — becoming a homeowner!
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?