PLEASE NOTE: all SERJobs CDL classes CURRENTLY HAVE WAITLISTS.
COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE
The Permitting Phase: Virtual learning and written knowledge tests to get the CDL permit that allows a student to practice driving skills on public roads with a CDL licensed driver or instructor.
The Licensing-Skills Phase: On the truck driving training and testing to obtain the CDL license.
This is a hybrid (virtual and in person) course where participants undergo 7 weeks of virtual classroom and behind the wheels training to receive a CDL class A permit and license.
During training, students are taught the necessary knowledge and skills to pass a series of tests to obtain their permit and they are trained to drive, maneuver and operate a commercial class A category vehicle.
This course is perfect for someone interested in the trucking industry, who enjoys driving and being on the road, who is a problem solver and who can work different schedules, among others. Job opportunities are such as Truck drivers, Flat Bed Drivers, Tankers, Route Drivers, Sand Hauling, Dump Truck drivers, etc.
Requirements / Eligibility
- Have a computer or tablet with microphone and camera access (to take the virtual element of the classes)
- Have access to reliable internet connection
- Authorized to work
- Possess basic computer skills
All members will be screened for eligibility prior to taking the class.
- Must be a resident of the City of Houston
- Must be 18 or older
- No sex offenses on criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Low-to-middle income (must show proof of income documentation)
- Self-certification may be required for unemployed applicants
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?