Incarcerated Veteran Transition program
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THIS PROGRAM
- CAREER COACHING + CASE MANAGEMENT: Our career coaches aim to care for our veterans holistically. We define transferrable skills and provide extensive case management that address needs outside of work and training to alleviate the stresses that incarcerated veterans face.
- JOB READINESS TRAINING: This course teaches resume writing and interviewing skills to prepare clients for communication with employers.
- OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS TRAINING: We offer various trainings including NCCER Core Construction, Customer Service and Warehouse Forklift to increase employability and professional growth.
- SUPPORT SERVICES: We offer supportive services such as bus passes, fuel cards, identification fees, work clothing, as well as emergency basic needs (food, shelter, etc.) to supplement what is provided by referral to community partners.
- PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE: We work diligently with community partners and employers to offer our clients housing as well as employment assistance.
- FOLLOW-UP SERVICES: We offer a full range of follow-up services including access to the computer lab, mock interviews, supportive services and financial coaching.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for the SERJobs Incarcerated Veterans Transition Program (IVTP), veterans must be transitioning from incarceration or recently released from incarceration and are at-risk of homelessness, such as the following:
- Veterans currently incarcerated in the Greater Houston metro area
- Veterans recently released from Houston correctional facilities
- Veterans released from facilities elsewhere who come to Houston seeking a fresh start
- Veterans at-risk of homelessness within 60 days of their program enrollment
Participants are eligible for up to 12 months after their release date. To be classified as a Veteran for program eligibility, individuals must have a discharge of anything other than "Dishonorable."
EXPLORE Our Free Programs + Services
discover THE SERJOBS DIFFERENCE
SERJobs has served individuals from the Texas Gulf Coast for over 56 years. Our team of caring staff support you every step of the way, from getting through our FREE programs and services to reviewing your resume to powering up your job search.
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?