Incarcerated Veterans Transition program
A SECOND CHANCE FOR THOSE WHO PUT THEIR COUNTRY FIRST
The Incarcerated Veterans Transition Program (IVTP) is designed to help justice involved and transitioning veterans who are homeless to re-enter the workforce. Our program provides direct services – through a case management approach – to link incarcerated veterans with appropriate employment and life skills support as they transition from a facility into the community.
- CAREER COACHING + CASE MANAGEMENT: Our career coaches aim to care for our veterans holistically. We define transferrable skills and provide extensive case management that address needs outside of work and training to alleviate the stresses that incarcerated veterans face.
- JOB READINESS TRAINING: This course teaches resume writing and interviewing skills to prepare clients for communication with employers.
- OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS TRAINING: We offer various trainings including NCCER Core Construction, Customer Service and Warehouse Forklift to increase employability and professional growth.
- SUPPORT SERVICES: We offer supportive services such as bus passes, fuel cards, identification fees, work clothing, as well as emergency basic needs (food, shelter, etc.) to supplement what is provided by referral to community partners.
- PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE: We work diligently with community partners and employers to offer our clients housing as well as employment assistance.
- FOLLOW-UP SERVICES: We offer a full range of follow-up services including access to the computer lab, mock interviews, supportive services and financial coaching.
THIS PROGRAM SERVES VETERANS WHO:
- Are incarcerated or have been recently released;
- Are currently in an institution that provides long-term care for mental illness or were recently released (e.g., psychiatric centers, rehab facilities, transitional housing);
- Have a release date within one year or recently released within the last year.
- Are homeless or at risk of homelessness within 60 days;
- Have a discharge other than dishonorable and have at least one day of active duty on DD214.
Veterans in the Greater Houston counties of Harris, Montgomery, Walker, Fort Bend, Brazoria, and Galveston are eligible. (Veterans who plan to move to an eligible county may also be eligible.)
Services available at no cost for those who qualify.
Interested or would like more info? E-mail email@example.com
IVTP was made possible through a grant by the U.S. Department of Labor, Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS).
EXPLORE Our Free Programs + Services
discover THE SERJOBS DIFFERENCE
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?