Understanding + Addressing Your Unique Needs
Our Career Coaches specialize in understanding and addressing the unique needs of adults who have been formerly incarcerated or involved with the criminal justice system. From assistance with securing housing, groceries, digital literacy skills and more, our dedicated team is here to support your unique journey with holistic help.
Growth Opportunities Program (Young Adults)
Let SERJobs prepare you for the workforce through occupational skills training, paid work experiences, and education to start your path of earning livable wages. Receive leadership development, support services, mentoring, and necessary tools to change your pathway and improve your life.
- Be ages 18 to 24
- Reside in the Greater Houston Metro area
- Have experienced significant unrest such as:
- Justice system involvement (e.g., current or previous incarceration, arrest, probation/parole, out-of-home placement, alternative sentence, or diversionary program.)
- One or more risk factors associated with delinquent or criminal activity (e.g., gang membership (current or former), diagnosis by a clinician of ADD or ADHD, assessed as having anti-social attitudes/beliefs, substance misuse before age 12)
- Career Coaching
- Job Readiness + Occupational Skills Training
- Paid Work Experience
- Leadership Development
- Support Services (e.g., bus pass, fuel card, legal assistance, social services, child care, housing, mental health counseling, drug treatment)
- Employment + Education Placement
EXPLORE Our Free Programs + Services
Michelle came to SERJobs after being released from prison. With the help of our programs, she was able to secure her Commercial Driver’s License – a background-friendly credential – and start a rewarding career at the Houston Food Bank.
discover THE SERJOBS DIFFERENCE
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?