Welding jobs can be found in just about any industry, because of the huge shortage of skilled welders, every industry is actively hiring welders. Some of the industries include; energy, transportation, engineering, robotics, construction, agriculture, maritime, and the military.
- Welding is a great career for women as they show greater attention to detail, dexterity and motor skills, ability to multi-task and work efficiently.
- This course is perfect for someone who enjoys working with the hands, probably in outdoor spaces, and/or interested in a change of the career pathway.
Certifications / Credentials Earned:
NCCER Core Construction, OSHA 10, American Welding Society Certification
1 week JRT, 2 weeks NCCER Core Construction, 8 weeks Welding
- Understand safety requirements for oxyfuel cutting.
- Identifies oxyfuel cutting equipment and setup requirements.
- Perform cutting techniques that include straight line, piercing, bevels, washing, and gouging.
- Understand and identify plasma arc cutting equipment and safe work area preparation.
- Identify correct amperage, gas pressures, and flow rates.
- Demonstrate and perform plasma-arc cutting methods for piercing, slotting, squaring, and beveling metals.
- Understand air carbon arc cutting equipment and processes.
- Identify the electrodes and safe operation of the equipment.
- Understand how to clean and prepare all types of base metals for cutting or welding.
- Identify and explain joint design and base metal preparation for all welding tasks.
- Identify and comprehend the codes that govern welding, including marine welds.
- Identify and explain weld imperfections and causes including non-destructive examination practices, visual inspection criteria, welder qualification tests, and the importance of quality workmanship.
Requirements / Eligibility
- Have a computer or tablet with microphone and camera access (to take the virtual element of the classes)
- Have access to reliable internet connection
- Authorized to work
- Possess basic computer skills
All members will be screened for eligibility prior to taking the class.
- Must be 18 or older
- No sex offenses on criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Low-to-middle income (must show proof of income documentation)
- Self-certification may be required for unemployed applicants
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?