CUSTOMER SERVICE + CALL CENTER TECHNICIAN
Master customer service and sales skills, including understanding the customer life cycle, developing effective strategies to engage customers, assessing customer needs, and closing sales
Learners who take this virtual training will master customer service and sales skills, including understanding the customer life cycle, developing effective strategies to engage customers, assessing customer needs, and closing sales. Best practices for building resumes and navigating job searches are also covered. This is a short training (two weeks) that will quickly prepare you to be ready in the job market soon.
This course is perfect for someone interested in or currently working in a customer-facing role, whether in retail, hospitality, or in another industry. Available jobs are Customer Service Associate, Customer Service Representative, Front Desk Receptionist, etc. Expected conditions to work are in stores, hotels, offices, etc. The expected salary may range between $12/hr to $18/hr based on experience and skills.
You will get the skills to move up in a career path from Assistant to Supervisor, to Sales, Insurance agents, Leasing Specialist, Technical Support provider, HR Coordinator and more.
This training will prepare students to take the exam to receive the Customer Service RISE UP Credential from the National Retail Federation.
- Overview of the retail industry: understanding the industry, the customer and the value of customer service
- Know before you sell: knowing the features and benefits of products and services, connecting with the customer
- Selling and service: meeting the customer’s needs, making the sale
- Performing your best: honing customer service skills, projecting a professional image and personal brand
- Workplace readiness: navigating job searches and building a professional network
Requirements / Eligibility
- Have a computer, desktop, laptop, or tablet with audio and camera, to take virtual classes
- Keyboard (to practice typing exercises)
- Have basic computer skills (you will take a quick test)
- Authorized to work
- No sex offender records
- 18 years of age and above
- Proficiently read, write, and speak English
- Some criminal backgrounds accepted
- Be able to pass a drug test
- Score above a 6th-grade reading level on a test administered by SER, free of charge
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Have basic computer skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Experience in customer service or frontline staff a plus, but not mandatory
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?