Program Overview: This course introduces basic plumbing tools, materials, and fixtures. Topics include standard tools, materials, and fixtures used in basic plumbing systems and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of a basic plumbing system.
Training combines classroom instruction, hands-on training, and practical experience to provide students with a well-rounded education in the field of plumbing. Upon completion, trainees will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue entry-level plumbing positions or continue their education through apprenticeship programs.
NCCER Plumbing Level 1
This course is six (6) weeks long as follows:
- Job Readiness Training: 1 week, M-F 9am-12pm, virtual/online
- NCCER CORE Construction: 2 weeks, M-F 9am-4pm
- NCCER Electrical Level 1: 3 weeks, M-F 9am-4pm
- Plumbing Systems
- Plumbing Codes and Regulations
- Blueprint Reading
- Pipefitting and Piping Techniques
- Plumbing Fixtures and Appliances
- Plumbing Tools and Equipment
- Safety Practices
Requirements / Eligibility
- Have a computer or tablet with microphone and camera access (to take the virtual element of the classes)
- Have access to reliable internet connection
- Authorized to work
- Possess basic computer skills
All members will be screened for eligibility prior to taking the class.
- Must be a resident of the City of Houston
- Must be 18 or older
- No sex offenses on criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Low-to-middle income (must show proof of income documentation)
- Self-certification may be required for unemployed applicants
APPLY NOW FOR OUR free programs + SERVICES!
Ready to take the next steps toward your future?